Each child will be given a library book and a reading organiser to take home.
Every time your child reads at home, please record this in their organiser with the date, book title and any comments about their reading.
Library books can be changed Thursday afternoons.
When a child reads 4 times they will receive a house point.
It is important that you read with your child as much as possible, this will improve their fluency and understanding.
You can ask the following questions when reading with your child;
- Where is the story set?
- When did the story take place?
- Who are the main characters?
- What does the main character look like?
- Where does the main character live?
- How does the story begin?
- What is happening?
- What happened at the end of the story?
- Who is telling the story?
- Which parts of the story do you like best?
- Which parts of the story describe the setting?
- What is the problem faced by the character?