We use an app called Tapestry Journal to communicate with parents, assess children and create their photo learning journey. When your child starts F1, we will send you a link to create your Tapestry Journal account. This app will allow you to receive letters, messages, photos of your child at school and see their next step targets.
- Your child will receive their homework through this app for you to do with them over the weekend. This is usually a communication and language homework to encourage your child to talk about a topic we have been learning at school.
- Your child will receive the 'nursery rhyme of the week' through this app for you to sing together as a family. They will have been singing this rhyme at school so they should be familiar with it.
- Each child will have a 'focus week' each half term where we will focus on their learning in more detail. You will receive lots of photos of your child to show you the activities they have been accessing that week. We would love you to 'like' or comment on these photos.
- Your child will receive a 'next step target' when it is their focus week. This is a target that we will work on in nursery and we would like you to also work on it at home as well.
- Parents can send photos and videos to keyworkers using the Tapestry Journal app and we love to see what the children have been learning at home - whether it be baking, a trip to the park or sharing a story together.